Frequently Asked Questions
- I am located outside of North America. Can I still buy a Steelhead Marine crane?
- Can you help me figure out what size davit or crane I need?
- How long will it take until I receive my crane?
- What are the benefits of Am Steel rope?
- Will my crane match my yacht color?
- What if I need a crane different than the ones shown here?
- Can you build me a custom mount for my crane?
- Can I get a wireless control instead of a pendant control with my crane?
1. I am located outside of North America. Can I still buy a Steelhead Marine crane?
Yes, please see our Distributor list for the contact nearest you.
2. Can you help me figure out what size crane I need?
Yes, if you go to our Product page you will see a brief description of each of our yacht cranes and davits. If you can’t find what you are looking for CLICK HERE to fill out a simple questionnaire which will help us determine which size and style tender lifting equipment you need. We will also provide you with a quote for your crane.
3. How long will it take to receive my crane?
Steelhead Marine has a proven build and delivery time lower than the industry standard. Our “Stock & Build Two-Step Program” shortens our lead time because we stock standard models and we inventory components so we can be ready to build. Our manufacturing facility is highly efficient due to our experienced workforce.
4. What are the benefits of AmSteel™ rope?
AmSteel composite rope has many benefits. It is 40% stronger than standard steel cable, is non rotating, has no memory, doesn’t splinter as it ages, and can track on smaller sheaves than cable (8:1 ratio for rope, 20:1 ratio for cable). Rope can be easily shortened while still installed in the crane whereas cable has to be removed and swaged by a rigger.
5. Will my crane match my yacht color?
Yes, every Steelhead davit or yacht crane is finished to match the color you request at the time of ordering.
6. What if I need a different crane than you offer?
Steelhead is fully capable to customize your crane regardless of size. Our full line of standard cranes can meet a wide range of requirements which may avoid the need to customize. Lift loads range from 800 to 12,000 lbs with reaches ranging from 6 to 30’. We have over thirty plus options including changes to boom reach, lifting capacity, paint colors, hydraulic power units and optional controls.
7. Can you build me a custom mount for my crane?
Yes, we build custom bases, vary standpipe heights or create custom products depending on your requirements.
8. Can I get a wireless control instead of a pendant control with my crane?
Yes, wireless controls are optional, just make this request at the time of placing your order.
We can ship to any major port worldwide via sea, land or air as requested.
See our Installation page.
Yes, please visit our Service Center page for contact information.
Visit the AdvanTec Store to see if your part is available or contact the Distributor nearest you to order.
Every Steelhead Marine crane is covered by our Steelhead Two Year Platinum Warranty.
All of Steelhead Marine’s products are tested to 110% of their rated capacity before leaving the factory.